A Canadian woman got a mouthful of cleaning supplies after she ordered McDonald’s latte.
Sarah Douglas, a mother of two who is pregnant with her third child, was taking her son to a baseball tournament when she decided to make a quick caffeine stop at the golden arches.
She ordered a latte and after one sip, knew something was wrong.
Douglas requested she see the bottle of cleaning supplies she ingested and it included warnings reading, “causes serious eye irritation,” and “may cause an allergic skin reaction.”
She immediately contacted local health services where she was directed to poison control.
McDonald’s restaurant released a public apology and told Fox News.
“What happened is that the machine was being cleaned as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made,” Fox News quoted the owner as saying.
“As a mother, I want to make sure I have [a] voice and that I’m being heard in terms of the safety of consumers,” Douglas said.